Cheryl Rainfield happy about GG Finalist stickers

I’m SO excited about my GG (Governor General Literary Award) Finalist stickers for Scars, that I had to share a photo! (laughing) I’m hamming it up a little–but it is such fun! (grinning and grinning)

I get to have award stickers on my books! (beaming) It is SUCH an amazingly good feeling!

…Did I say the stickers are shiny? And silver? (laughing)

Cheryl-Rainfield-Scars-GG-Finalist-Stickers-02-400

I’m actually thinking about framing one and putting it on my wall! It’s just such joy–and would be a great reminder on my down days. A few writer friends have even suggested wearing the stickers–and I’m SO happy, so full of joy and dizzy excitement, that I’m actually considering it! (laughing)

28 Responses to Cheryl Rainfield happy about GG Finalist stickers

1. Great to see you so happy! What a thrill!

2. Stacy King says:

That is *such* a great photo of you! So happy! So awesome!! And the stickers are lovely too ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Claudia–thank you! (grinning) I really am happy!

(laughing) Stacy–thank you! So glad you see and like the joy. I really do love the stickers!

Seriously–I saw award stickers on books all my life. It is SUCH an honor to actually have some for my own book–and the GG–it’s just…WOW!

4. Pingback: Tweets that mention Cheryl Rainfield: ยป Cheryl Rainfield happy about GG Finalist stickers -- Topsy.com

5. The Ms. S says:

Oh my gosh – congratulations to you!! Wow! Fingers and toes crossed for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Ms S, thank you! (hugging you)

7. Sarah Hartt-Snowbell says:

Great photo! Great book! Great person! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

8. Can’t wait to see the book avec stickers in bookstores!

9. Andrea Medovarski says:

Fabulous book, fabulous award nomination, fabulous stickers, even a fabulous jacket…. this is just fabulously fabulous!!!! I am so thrilled for you Cheryl.
    Fabulous.

10. traci hall says:

Yeah YOU!!! Perserverance wins again ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Misty Evans says:

Wow, what a huge accomplishment! So happy for you, Cheryl. Hope this is the just the beginning of a long and successful career!
    P.S. the stickers are very cool!

12. Nelsa says:

I think you should wear that nice, shiny silver sticker on your lapel, baby! So, so happy for you!!
    Nelsa

13. Nelsa–I’m happy-excited enough to think of actually doing that! (laughing) I always worry about, well, bragging; I don’t want to be in people’s faces. But oh, there is such joy with this! I almost do want to wear a sticker as a pin or a necklace or something. Not sure I could, though. But lemme tell you–I am seriously thinking about framing one! Or framing my book with one on it. Er…maybe just the sticker would be better.

14. Thank you, Misty! I hope it’s a long, good career, too! Writing is such a huge part of me. It’s in my blood, my soul, my heart….

Melissa, thank you!

Traci–YES! I could have given up in the 10 years of rejections; sometimes I wanted to, especially in the last few years when I had so many near misses. But I didn’t. And…look what happened! So…you have a dream, hold on to it. Keep getting your work out there.

15. Alisha Paige says:

Wow, Cheryl! What a great story! After all those years and now you win big! Love the stickers! This makes me so happy for you! Awesome! Way to go! You deserve it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Andrea, thank you! (laughing) (hugging you) I love your enthusiasm and excitement. Your call made me so happy!

17. Bev–oh my gosh, yes! I hadn’t even thought that far (laughing). I was thinking of putting the stickers on manually. Now the books just have to get into Chapters here…. They have them ordered, but still not in the stores. I hope so much they will be, soon. I’m glad Scars is in indie bookstores!

Sarah, thank you! (hugging you) You are always so encouraging and lovely and happy for me!

18. And thank you so much, everyone! Having people be happy with and for me makes me so much happier! Truly, you all helped me move from shock into shock-happy into happy!

19. Alisha, thank you! That’s lovely of you. (hugging you)

20. June says:

Gosh. I’m so excited for you, I can hardly breathe…LOL…Super congrats. I’m so happy for you Cheryl. Good things do come to those who wait…

21. Lee Wind says:

Love this!!! So happy for you that you’re getting some recognition for your amazing book!
    Namaste,
    Lee

22. Pingback: GG Nomination for Cheryl Rainfield | Erin Thomas

23. Laina says:

*scribbles down reminder to self to ask librarian to make sure library gets GG bookmarks this year*

24. Doret says:

Congratulations, Scars was a great and oh so deserving. I do believe this nomination was meant to be since the sticker and cover go so well together.

So keep on laughing.

25. Martine Joelle says:

A disclaimer-I’m the kind of person that tears up watching Oprah and the moment before Olympic gold medals because I can only imagine how long it took to reach that dream. I hope for book making and stickers for myself one day. I’m so happy for you and can’t wait to read your book!! Bravo, brave heart. You’re healing many with your celebration of living.

26. Thank you so much, Martine! (hugging you) I think it’s lovely that you get moved by things–we need more of that in this world! More compassion and gentleness and connectedness to feeling. I hope you get your dream of books published and award stickers! Keep writing (or illustrating?) and sending your work out there.

And thank you so much for your lovely words!

27. June, thank you! (laughing) It’s lovely to have people be happy with me! So lovely.

Lee, thank you! I am still thrilled and shocked and awed that I got the GG finalist! It is pretty amazing–especially with lesbian characters and self-harm and sexual abuse in the book!

Laina, good! I hope your library gets in the GG bookmarks. I’ve got to go find them! I guess they won’t be out til the top winner is announced…?

Doret, thank you! (laughing) The sticker does look lovely on the cover! (grinning)