Do you love my books? If you do, and you’d like to help me let others know about them, then I would love to have you on my street team! Just like me on FaceBook and then send me a private message that you want to join, telling me why you want to, and I’ll send you an invite to my secret FaceBook group for my street team.
A street team is a group of readers, book bloggers, and reviewers who are a fan of an author’s books and want to spread the word about the books they love–such as posting cover reveals, reviews, hosting blog stops, talking about my books, following me on Twitter, etc. You only do what you want to do and are comfortable with.
There are so many books being published that some books can disappear without getting noticed or read much–and I really want my books to reach people. I remember what it felt like to be so alone and in so much pain I wanted to die–books were my safety and helped me survive. It’s important to me to make a positive difference through my books, and to keep doing that, the way I did with SCARS–and to entertain people at the same time. I also want to be able to make a living as a writer, and to keep writing and publishing many, many more books. Your honest word-of-mouth recommendations can help with that!
I need all the help I can get–and I am so grateful to everyone who joins my street team.
What else do you get besides my gratitude if you join my street team? (smiling)
- be entered to win prizes including bookstore giftcards, signed books, signed ARCS (advance reader copies);
- get bonus material and book news first–there’s already a just-for-you book news message in my street team email group;
- get excerpts and sneak peeks;
- get signed bookmarks, bookplates, and other swag with each release;
- have a chance to talk to me (and others!) in the private email group;
- enter for a chance to name a (minor) character in one of my books;
- and more over time.
What can you do as a street team member to help me get the word out about my books? Lots of things! But only what you’re comfortable with. Do the things you want to do. You can:
- Post my book news, cover reveals, book trailers, contests, TV and radio interviews, etc that you like on your blog, FaceBook page, Twitter, Pinterest, whatever social media/s you enjoy and prefer. You can also host me–have
me write a short article or piece that you post.
- Review my book/s on your blog, FaceBook page, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, whatever social media/s you enjoy and
prefer (honest reviews are good). You can also interview me (email me with questions).
- Post your reviews of my books on sites like GoodReads and Library Thing, and bookstore sites like Amazon, B&N, Powell’s, etc. and rate them. It really does make a difference!
- Add my books to your GoodReads and LibraryThing shelves, add them to your Amazon or B&N or other bookstore wishlists, and “like” them–it helps with others discovering my books.
- “Like” my FaceBook book and author pages, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest, check out my blog. Re-tweet me or re-post me when you like something. 🙂
- Recommend the books of mine that you’ve loved or are looking forward to, to friends and family–in person and online, when it feels right.
- If you can afford to and the book interests you, buy my new books in the preorder period or the first week of their release. This can help other readers find it faster, and may help to get a book on a bestseller list. (Yes, I dream of that! Smiling)
- Ask your local library to order in my books.
- If my books aren’t in a bookstore that you go into, ask the bookseller to order them.
- If you’re in a bookstore and you see one of my books, you can turn it face out so others are more likely to see it. But please don’t put it on another shelf or another table–it’s organized by the bookstore owners for a reason. Just turning it face out on the same shelf can be a nice way to help others see it.
- Leave bookmarks in a bookstore or library (please ask them first to make sure it’s okay)or to give one to a friend (again, please check to see if they’re interested first). Let me know and I can mail you some. And of course you can enjoy some for yourself.
- And anything else that you can think of that is friendly and helps others who might be interested or helped by my books know about them.
Just do what’s comfortable to you and what you’d like to do.
If you can let me and the group know what you’ve done each month, I’ll enter you into my monthly contest. You may also inspire others to help get the word out or find new good ways to do this.
To kick it off my new street team, for June I have a signed ARC of STAINED with the original cover and some mistakes and none of the new changes—something you won’t be able to buy anywhere. Maybe it’ll even become a collector’s copy, who knows? 🙂 Also a $25 giftcard to an online bookstore of the winner’s choice.
Sound good? I hope you’ll sign up for my private FaceBook Street Team list (smiling).