Maximum Ride coming to the big screen!

Longtime readers will remember that I love The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1), the first book in the YA fantasy series by James Patterson. So I’m excited that Maximum Ride is Columbia Pictures is going to adapt Maximum Ride into a movie. Don Payne (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, My Super Ex-Girlfriend) will write the script, James Patterson will be the executive producer, and Avi Arad, Aria Arad, and Steven Paul will produce the film.

Patterson also has a fifth book in the series coming out–Waterwings: A Maximum Ride Novel (Maximum Ride): A Maximum Ride Novel, which will be published March 16, 2009 (Little, Brown and Company). And then there’s the magna version of Maximum Ride, which will be released Jan 6, 2009. There’s a lot happening around Maximum Ride!

If you like fantasy, you might want to take a look at the first book in the series; it really is a fun trip.

Thanks to Cynopsis Kids for the info.

This entry was posted in movies based on children's books, movies based on teen fiction books, movies based on YA books, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Maximum Ride coming to the big screen!

1. Janice says:

Thanks for the Maximum update. I had no idea a fifth book was coming out; I thought the fourth book, which I haven’t read yet, was going to be the final one. I’m a bit sad about the movie. Most of the time, the movies disappoint my expectations. It seems like the more I like a book, the less I like the movie, and I really like the Maximum Ride books.
    My biggest movie disappointment was the one based on the Horowitz book about Alex Rider – Stormbreaker. I thought the movie was brutally bad, but the book often hooks my reluctant male readers.

2. Cheryl says:

I haven’t read the fourth book either, yet. The first book was my favorite, and really pulled me in; the next two didn’t feel as well written, which I found disappointing.

I know what you mean about movie disappointments after a good book. I’ve had that experience, too. But then I’ve had good experiences. My favorite movie based on a favorite book so far has been Anne of Green Gables with Megan Fellows and Colleen Dewhurst–that movie really worked for me, and built on my love of the book.

3. Matt says:

I love the Maximum ride series! I can never seem to put down any of the books! So when is the movie coming out? and I’m happy to hear about the new books coming out! thanx!

4. Kelly Tompsin says:

OMG! I can’t believe its on the big screen! I wish I could see it. Man, I wonder how she got the idea to write the books. But i love Max! And the series! Keep on writhing!

5. Kelly Tompsin says:

Hey do you guys know if and when the movie comes out? If so please tell me. And is it true that a 5th book is coming out?

-peace out!

6. lauren says:

hey, i love all of the books, i pretty much read them over and over. i can’t seem to get enought of them. i’m actually ecited for the movie i just want it to be as close to the book as possible that would awesome!. thanks for the update. i can’t wait to read the fith book.

-peace

7. Cheryl says:

Kelly, it looks like the movie will be out in 2010. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825283/

I’m glad you love the books, Matt and Lauren. I think they’re pretty great, too.

8. Brooke says:

okay i really want to know when this movie is coming out! no duh it’s coming out in 2010! lol 🙂 i want to know months! i am dying to see this movie, even if the movies do dissapoint me after reading the books but anyways… i think this can be a big step for the popularity of the books and for it to become more well known! your website would be more popular if you would be more specific… sorry for the slam… didn’t mean to be rude, just really tired of going to websites trying to figure this out and them not helping a bit. thanks anyways and if you would answer that would be great!